« Home | so long Judith » | Lippy kids don't deserve respect? » | Corporate Interests Dumbing Down Elementary Studen... » | The Pebble » | welcome! » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

Bullies affect us all

One of my favorite books is Barbara Coloroso's book kids are worth it! She also has a book specifically about bullying called the bully, the bullied, and the bystander. I picked it up at the library to learn about the topic, and I'm so glad I did. The bystander that looks away is actually helping the bully achieve their twisted power goals, and any of us could be a bystander at any time. I highly recommend a trip to your library, or buying it and passing it on.

Ms. Coloroso has a handout on her site from the book:
http://www.kidsareworthit.com/images/bully_wkshp.pdf

You never know where you might run into a bully, even a pastor can be one.

Cool blog page. I got beat up by a bully at my old school. I'm bookmarking it for future visits.

If you want a really good laugh, read www.horacefinkle.blogspot.com

great blog horace -- I can tell you aren't one that needs worrying about :)

Nice post – I’ve read the book myself. It reminds me of the “good Germans” that looked the other way when Hitler had his way in the 30s and 40s. To fight bullies, we must not stand by and be silent.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates