« Home | o'reilly's warriors: any way to give them a clue? » | Why are churches tax exempt? » | Polygamy in theory and practice » | The Avalanche » | Who's got morality? » | Bullies affect us all » | so long Judith » | Lippy kids don't deserve respect? » | Corporate Interests Dumbing Down Elementary Studen... » | The Pebble » 

Monday, December 19, 2005 

A difficult question for Mr. Robertson?

In response to I'm the Mama's post about the latest from Mr. Roberston, let's pose a question to the 700 Club ("Bring It On"):
On the Dec 15 edition of The 700 Club, Mr. Robertson stated that "evolutionists worship atheism", a statement that makes me scratch my head.

Worship means "to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power" and atheism is "a disbelief in the existence of deity", so the image of a worshipping atheist is pretty hilarious.

Could Mr. Robertson state his position without resorting to inflammatory rhetoric about a group he seemingly doesn't understand very well?
Obviously I'm not holding my breath for a response, I'm actually posting this to try out the technorati tag below.

Thanks, Cassandra!

Nice job!! Maybe we should all ask him a question. Or maybe we should flood the prayer counseling center at (800) 759-0700. :-)

It is my opinion that Mr. Robertson has a bunch of screws loose and I am amazed at how many people in the media actually take him seriously! It's like going to an old folk's home and picking a senile old fellow to chat with, then trying to make out like it was a serious conversation you had with him. It would be hilarious if people did flood him with phonecalls asking all sorts of absurd questions. What a riot that would be!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates