« Home | When does the soul arrive? » | A difficult question for Mr. Robertson? » | o'reilly's warriors: any way to give them a clue? » | Why are churches tax exempt? » | Polygamy in theory and practice » | The Avalanche » | Who's got morality? » | Bullies affect us all » | so long Judith » | Lippy kids don't deserve respect? » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 

Religiosity Common Among Mothers Who Kill Children

Thanks to The Atheologist for having a link to last year's news story. The study was pointing out what is happening, more research is needed to understand why:

"What isn't clear is what's causing what," she said. "Is the church causing people to develop these feelings or are people with these feelings more likely to gravitate toward a fundamentalist church?"

In either case, I can hardly imagine the pain of the mother a she recovers from such a horrific act.



I have never heard a story in the news where an atheist woman kills her kids. It's always a crazed xian.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates