« Home 

Friday, December 02, 2005 

welcome!

A family member told me that in her opinion, mother's voices aren't heard in our culture. As the mom of a young family, I have a theory as to why this is so.

I can tell you that before having children, I was able to concentrate for hours at a time. Hours! The luxury of that now seems so far away. When my little one toddles up with Moo, Baa, La La La! clutched in a chubby fist, I cannot just turn away, which means I am interrupted approximately every three minutes. Same with nighttime. I used to sleep, usually all night! And I could sleep in on the weekend if I wanted to! Even when no one is offering to "help" pound the keyboard, the daily work of a mother does not do wonders for turning thoughts into prose.

But even with my time constraints, I feel I can't keep quiet.

So if my writing is a bit uneven, quickly composed and absent a final polish, you, dear reader, have an inkling why.

This blog is my feeble attempt to shine a light on the scary as I see it. Hope you enjoy.

Hey there!
(did you actually think that I wouldn't visit?)
I can relate to interruption in 3 minute intervals. I too miss those days of concentration! I am a firm believer that pregnancy kills brain cells.
Glad to see that blog!

thanks for your support, it's so great! now if I can get this blog to look just half as nice as yours... it's going to take a while :)

it's going to take a while :)

I came to this post from your most recent post, and can say the site is progressing nicely!

This to whit:

Hello! I assume you passed this on so I could see it and not because you believe it! ...

I love it!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates