« Home | Why Religiosity Matters to All » | Resolution 2006: Bravery » | Joseph Ratzinger participated in the cover-up » | Modern day Three Kings » | The ultimate right brain activity: going to church... » | Religiosity Common Among Mothers Who Kill Children... » | When does the soul arrive? » | A difficult question for Mr. Robertson? » | o'reilly's warriors: any way to give them a clue? » | Why are churches tax exempt? » 

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 

The sun god Mithra

When I learned that Christmas was held on "Mithra's birthday", December 25th, I always thought it would be interesting to find out more about Mithra ... thanks stardust1954 for these excerpts.

I love mythology. This subject is what really opened my eyes to the truth about religion. It's all stolen from each other over the centuries, starting with the first superstitious cavemen in France who were throwing darts at wall paintings to predict the day's hunting success.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates