« Home | Challenge updated » | groan, groan » | Jesus is a Myth Challenge Examined » | Jesus Is A Myth and Curiosity » | Alan Alda; the Chumscrubbers » | Some (recent) favorite posts » | Are You a Heretic? part 4 » | Now I lay me down to sleep... » | I changed the name! » | Introducing TRU » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

Jesus (Myth?): examining non-NT sources

I can't remember a time in my life without stories about Jesus! It wasn't until recently that I started having my doubts, cynical as I am, I tend to think it's a very tiny minority of people that fabricate stories that are presented as the truth (even when presented with ample evidence to the contrary). How could this stuff be made up? Why would anyone do it?

I want to say thanks for all the time Steven & Marc have taken to dig up extra-biblical references about Jesus. I have so much to learn, for example it took me a while to find the meaning of MSS as Marc uses. Check out that link, there are some pictures of ancient manuscripts and codices - including the recently mentioned Codex Sinaiticus, how cool is that??

Steve points out seven extra-biblical sources (excluding Josephus). I can't stand not researching them, so I'll do them one at a time.

Lya, stardust1954, thanks for the links!

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates