« Home | Power has been out all day... » | The bible: my summary » | Deconversion; Dennett » | Great Nathaniel Branden quote » | Convert, or else! » | In the dead of winter » | The Anything God » | Our Nighttime Parenting Ritual » | Invisible atoms and old texts » | Jesus (Myth?): examining Suetonius » 

Saturday, February 18, 2006 

Misc: Blogger, and TTLB

I feel like such an idiot sometimes! I set blogger to email me when someone comments on the blog, otherwise I'd never figure it out for comments on older posts. Well, just now, I realized that a recent email was marked "From:" that person, and not "noreply-comment@blogger.com" like I usually see. Cool! How did they do that?? A bit of digging, and it seems straightforward. If you have a Blogger account and publish your email, blogger uses your public email address in the From field instead of the noreply one. I'm sure everyone else has figured this out long ago.

So now I have a question: it seems that TTLB (The Truth Laid Bare) only counts inbound links from sites that also have registered with them, anyone know if this is true? Thanks in advance.

About TTBL, here's what it says in the FAQ -

What links does the TTLB Ecosystem count?

All links from a scanned weblog to any other weblog (i.e., links from a weblog to itself are ignored). This includes links within posts, and 'permanent' links in a weblog's blogroll. Remember, however, that the Ecosystem only counts links from blogs that are also registered in the Ecosystem. If you have links coming from a blog that isn't registered, feel free to add it.

thanks!

Hello, is this Carolyn?
Because i got an email from a noreply-comment@blogger.com about the lazy comment. if it is, i would just like to say thanku very much.
if it is not, lol... then just ignore me!
Celeste
xoxo

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates