« Home | Evangelical, Fundamentalist, what's the diff? » | Bart Ehrman: Misquoting Jesus » | What do you want to teach? » | The Bible of the Good and Moral Atheist » | vacation! » | Examining a debate » | Trying feedburner » | The bible: my summary (continued) » | Dogma vs. "Spirit" » | My Trooper at the hospital » 

Monday, March 13, 2006 

Some humor is required

I've been working on two "crisis" situations and another project right now, so I have only time to repost from Randy Cassingham's jumbojoke. Thanks for all the great comments & email ... sorry for not having much time lately, back soon...

A Lesson from Jesus

Jesus saw a crowd chasing down a woman to stone her and approached them. "What's going on here, anyway?" He asked.

"This woman was found committing adultery and the law says we should stone her!" one of the crowd responded.

"Wait," yelled Jesus, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Suddenly, a stone was thrown from out of the sky, and knocked the woman on the side of her head.

"Aw, c'mon, Dad!" Jesus cried, "I'm trying to make a point here!"

Funny, I always heard it as "C'mon Mom I'm trying to make a point here."

I guess it depends on which version of God's word you go by ;-)

that would be the Pericope Adulterae

almost all scholars now agree that its a forgery

Haven't heard from you in awhile now...hope all is well with family, etc. Miss your posts!

Y'know, even I find that one pretty amusing... :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm the freethoughtmom from New England. Welcome!
  • The word rational means having the ability to reason. Reasoning takes time. Giving yourself the space to think is practically a luxury in our society.

    My father is a logical engineer, my mother a caring nurturer. My handwriting with my dominate hand resembles that of my father, the other, my mother. I feel lucky to have both sides to draw from.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates